Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2002 06:05:40 -0800
From:      "Drew Tomlinson" <drew@mykitchentable.net>
To:        "Karl M. Joch" <k.joch@kmjeuro.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Apache 1.3.22/mod_ssl 2.8.5/php 4.1.1 imap authentication failed (4.0.4pl1 works fine)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl M. Joch" <k.joch@kmjeuro.com>
To: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 5:56 AM
Subject: Apache 1.3.22/mod_ssl 2.8.5/php 4.1.1 imap authentication
failed (4.0.4pl1 works fine)

> hi,
>
> i updated a customer box to the above versions. everything works
very
> fine except that the webmail part on the webserver doesnt work with
> php4.1.1. i get an cram-md5 error in the log when authenticating
againat
> the local cyrus imap server running sasl with mysql. when i stop
apache
> and include php4.0.4pl1 then everything works like a charme.
replacing
> libphp4.so against the 4.1.1 version and imap auth fails again.
compiled
> without imap-ssl.
>
> to make sure it is not my webmail script which causes the error i
> installed imp/horde for testing. same results. 4.0.4pl1 works and
4.1.1
> doesnt.
>
> are there any know problems with the constellation of
1.3.22/2.8.5/4.1.1 ??

I'm no expert by any means but I do know that many webmail apps are
not compatible with PHP 4.1.1, SquirrelMail in particular as that's
what I use.  PHP 4.1.1 has some differences so I suspect the webmail
apps will support it in time.  If your webmail script is "home grown",
then you may have to make some coding changes to get it working.  But
like I said, I'm no expert so I have no idea what those changes would
be.

HTH a little,

Drew