Date:      Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:18:20 -0500
From:      em1897@aol.com
To:        linicks@gmail.com, hardcodeharry@yahoo.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMD64 much slower than i386 on FreeBSD 5.4-pre

If you haven't used amd64 then why are you qualified to comment
on the subject? If he's using the same settings for i386 and amd64,
then the results should be balanced. I think the point here is that
the same settings, which are probably the defaults, run a lot
slower on amd64 than i386. And I don't see that you have
any insight to provide.

I hope FreeBSD hasn't become linux; in that it doesnt work
out of the box and you have to selectively kludge it to show
good results in any particular benchmark? Thats what made
FreeBSD good historically. It was just good in general.