Date:      Thu, 07 Sep 1995 13:38:34 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        "Don's FList drop" <freelist@elf.kendall.mdcc.edu>
Cc:        Stephen Waits <swaits@pr.erau.edu>, Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: modem (results)

>over town looking for it. If he sent them the entire modem, they'da have
>had to open it up, replace the fuse, pack it up, mail it back. He asked
>them to eliminate the first two steps, they couldn't be bothered to
>deviate from their little prefabricated repair habitrail.

   Actually, I don't think Supra has a 'repair habitrail' at all. The products
they make are far too cheap to bother with something like that. I think they
would simply send out a new one instead. I don't think they have any mechanism
for dealing with individual parts. If Steve had instead called them and said
"my modem doesn't work anymore", they likely would have replaced it free of
charge (after you sent back the broken one of course). Oh well.
   BTW, he may still be able to do that. :-)

-DG