Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2018 16:16:24 +0000
From:      Carmel NY <carmel_ny@outlook.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Changing PHP default version from 5.6 to 7.2 timeframe?

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 17:51:51 +0200, Matthias Fechner stated:

>Am 19.04.2018 um 16:48 schrieb Kurt Jaeger:
>> I'm not involved in the decision, but I've heard from problems
>> with typo3 and php7.2. =20
>
>I saw similar problems with other products.
>For me I will stick to php7.1 for at least one year, this version seems
>to be quiet stable to use.

I am using php-72 without any problems, with the exception of "phpldapadmin=
";
however, there is a version of that application available that has been upd=
ated
to work with the latest versions of PHP. I actually have it installed and
working perfectly, along with phpMyAdmin, ldap-account-manager and joomla3.

I set php72 as the default on my machine since time moves forward not
backwards and I like to keep current whenever possible.

As a foot note, newer versions of joomla3 and the soon to be released jooml=
a4
are not supposed to be compatible with older versions of php. I have not
confirmed that however.

--=20
Carmel