Date:      Sat, 02 Jan 1999 12:15:35 -0800
From:      "Bart (The Good Guy) Trzynadlowski" <trzy@powernet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IA-64 support

When the Intel IA-64 based chips come out starting with the "Merced" and
then the "super-amazing" chip to follow it up, how fast would a port of
FreeBSD to IA-64 be expected? Is IA-64 something the FreeBSD development
team is looking into at all? Although I'm generally an end-user and an
aspiring C/asm programmer ;) hehe, I think I MIGHT look into this IA-64
stuff... but I'll need an O/S to power it and although NT5 is 64-bit
compliant I don't want that to be my window into 64-bit computing....

Thanks,

Bart "The Good Guy" Trzynadlowski
"Screwy ain't it?"