Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 1997 09:07:35 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Good compilers [Was: FreeBSD for Operating Systems Course]

As Graeme Cross wrote:

> I am aware of high quality Fortran, Ada and Eiffel products that are
> commercially available for Linux, as well as free implementations of all of
> the above.

Just curious: are there any commercial high-quality C++ compilers for
free operating systems?  A customer of us is doing C++ development,
right now mostly on Sparcs, since g++ is just too far off from the
standard.  They would happily move out part of their development to
freeware systems if a good compilere were available.

(Please, don't start any flamewars about the quality of g++.  I think
its developers know well enough where they fall short.)

--
cheers, J"org