Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 22:36:02 +0100
From:      Alex <freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl>
To:        Nathan Mace <nmace85@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: secure file transfer

Hello Nathan,

Thursday, March 21, 2002, 1:51:19 AM, you wrote:

NM> i'm tring to find a way to access files that are on my server in a secure
NM> way. samba is pain to use, expecially when it's a freebsd server and freebsd
NM> client.

Bit off-topic, but... From what i read, Samba isn't that secure. The
password is send either in plain text or encrypted. The later can be
easily sniffed and used without knowing the original password. I don't
think it send any information secured to. Somebody correct me if I'm
wrong.

NM> scp & shh work, but not very well for what i want to do.  what i
NM> really need is NFS, which works great, but from what i've been reading it's
NM> not the most secure piece of software.

...snip...

--
Best regards,