Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 1996 09:32:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   vm_page_alloc panic, followed by...

Morning...

	Well, after running nicely for over 9 days straight, my -stable
machine has gone down three times in 24hrs :(

	this morning at approx. 2:30, she went down with in
vm_page_alloc().  As per usual, no core dump is possible with this machine,
it just locks up, so a DDB trace is the only thing available:

	vm_page_alloc+0x1b3
	vm_hold_load_pages+0x40
	allocbuf+0x8a
	getblk
	bread
	ffs_blkatoff
	ufs_lookup
	lookup
	namei
	vn_open
	open
	syscall
	Xsyscall
	--- syscall 5, eip = 0x8081465, ebp = 0xefbfd0c4 ---

	Current process was listed as innd...I believe someone else
reported a vm_page_alloc() panic recently with innd also being current
process?

	Then, after resetting the machine after it hung trying to
dump, it got to the point of starting up the the system daemons (mountd
was being started), when it panic'd again with:

	panic: pmap_zero_page: CMAP busy

	Unfortunately, unless there is paging capabilities in ddb that
I couldn't find, trace traces right off the screen, so getting anything out
of that is near to impossible without a larger screen :(

	I'm going to sup in a new kernel for this machine today, as the one
I have is dated March 26th, but I haven't seen much in the way of commits
for the -stable kernel that seems related...

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org