Date:      Sat, 26 May 2001 17:17:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Joseph A. Mallett" <jmallett@xMach.org>
To:        Fredrik Olausson <fredrik@speechcraft.com>
Cc:        David Scheidt <dscheidt@tumbolia.com>, Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>, <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: The desktop apathy

I'm top posting... no cookie for me.

Apple couldn't have done Aqua as a plain old X window manager. Well, they
could have, but it would have been 100% different. Aqua runs on top of
Display PDF (which is the new version of DPS which NeXT used), and it
gives apple totally different ways of doing things.... How exactly is
beyond the scope of this email, but Apple's site has plenty of good info.

--
[ Joseph Mallett            <jmallett@xMach.org> ] [ http://srcsys.org ]
[ xMach Core Team         xMach: Proactively Unbloated Microkernel BSD ]