Date:      29 Jul 1996 23:00:02 GMT
From:      knarf@camelot.de (Frank Bartels)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boca BB2016

Rob Simons (rob@xs1.simplex.nl) wrote:

> I'm having some problems with my Boca Board BB2016 (I think that's
> the type, 16 port dumb serial).

I have no idea what my boca board is named, but it has 16 16550A ports.

> Does the above problem sound familiar to someone, and if so, is
> there a way to make sure the board will work even when it's hot
> and the machine power cycles ?

My system often does not detect 4 or 8 ports after a system crash.
Rebooting via `reboot' _always_ helps, so I don't think it's a
temperature problem here.

> I'm running FreeBSD 2.1R on this machine.

I also did, the problem has been present with 2.0,5 also. I upgraded
to 2.1.5 yesterday, not enough time to reproduce the bug. It happened
once or twice per month.

I plan to use an intelligent card, which is able to handle at least
16 ports with 115200 bps with full hardware handshaking. What card
should I buy for the use with FreeBSD 2.1.5?

Bye,
Knarf
--
  Frank Bartels   |UUCP/ZModem/Fax: +49 89 5469593| "Captain, why not just
 knarf@camelot.de | http://www.camelot.de/~knarf/ | give the Borg Windows?"