Date:      Sat, 16 Feb 2002 19:50:06 -0600
From:      Jesse McConnell <jesse@gallup.com>
To:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   building jboss port question

http://www.jboss.org

I am building out the jboss ports and I wanted to ask the troops on here
a few questions.

First off, if someone else is already doing this, please let me know.

Since jboss can be intalled by itself or with Tomcat 3.2.3 or Tomcat
4.0.1 or even Jetty 3.1.3_1 I am thinking about going one of two ways.
First would be to just warn the port user to specify
WITH_JAKARTA_TOMCAT_3, WITH_JAKARTÅ_TOMCAT_4 or WITH_JETTY.  Jboss is
packaged so it is already configured to make use of them, which can be
kinda a pain so I figured the options should be available outside of the
other ports which offer those programs.  The other option would be to go
like the apache port and offer three different ports, jboss,
jboss-tomcat (which allows you to choose 3 or 4), and jboss-jetty.

I am currently leaning towards the three different ports approach as
then if you are using something like portupgrade or pkg_info you can
see that jboss is installed with one of the add-ons.  I have it pretty
much done the other way, but I am swaying back this way...so I figured I
would ask you guys.

The other question is which jdk should I make these go against.  The
forte ones seems to use the linux-jdk one to build against..but I am
thinking I'll just attach a pkg-message that explains where to launch
the program from and to set the JAVA_HOME of the vm you want to
use...Any feelings one way or the other?

Thats pretty much it...please respond either directly to me or just
reply to the mailing list.

chau!
Jesse

--
Jesse McConnell                         <jesse@gallup.com>
The Gallup Organization                 (402) 486-6987