Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 00:21:53 +0000
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: *HEADS UP!* This means you!

> I for one will miss it.  I used libexec/telnetd extensively during ia64
> bootstrap (and still use it) before we had the crypto stuff going.  This
> was all built by hand, 'make world' still isn't an option there.  I also
> use usr.bin/telnet on other systems where SRA is constantly getting in
> my face and annoying the !^@#%!@^#!# out of me.

All that will happen, is that the "usual" sources will be gone, and
a .PATH: will point to effectively the same code (with some crypto
in it, wrapped in #ifdefs that won't apply, like ENCRYPTION and
AUTHENTICATION). The code this actually compiled will not change
_at_all_.

There will be no SRA unless you install secure/ telnet.

o       Mark Murray
\_      FreeBSD Services Limited
O.\_    Warning: this .sig is umop ap!sdn