Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2018 07:30:44 +0200
From:      Gerhard Schmidt <estartu@ze.tum.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   No Extended Support Version right now?

Hi,

is there realy no version of FreeBSD with support longer than 3 Month
right now.

I'm running FreeBSD on quite a lot servers. I don't want to go through
updating every x Month. So in the past I stick with the Extended Support
Releases. But support for 10.3 ended 2 Month ago. 10.4 support will end
in 3 Month.

No Extended Support release for FreeBSD 11 has been announced yet.
FreeBSD 11.1 support will end in 2 Month.

Will 11.2 be an extended support Release or maybe 11.1

This i not a good situation to sell FreeBSD as a professional
alternative to Linux or Windows to my bosses.

Regards
   Estartu