Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:49:12 +0000
From:      "Christian Walther" <cptsalek@gmail.com>
To:        "Claus Guttesen" <kometen@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: zfs on FreeBSD

On 21/03/07, Claus Guttesen <kometen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Probably a bit premature but has anyone used zfs on FreeBSD "without
> problems". The reason I ask is that I have installed Solaris 10 on an
> intel-box, but adding additional programs is *not* as easy as
> 'portinstall postfix' etc. on FreeBSD. So rather than doing sensible
> work I feel like an idiot instead.

I know that this answer is quite OT on this list, but there are two
software repositories for Solaris. One has already been mentioned in
another answer, it is http://www.sunfreeware.com

The other one is http://www.blastwave.org
There is a nice script called "pkg-add" available, that is similar to apt-get.

> I have some 8 TB of storage I'd like to use for that purpose.
>
> regards
> Claus

HTH
Christian