Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 2015 11:52:26 +0300
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: databases/mysql-connector-java: Looks broken to me

I was not informed of the discussion, because as I had stated you need to c=
c my email should you wish that I receive notification of your answers.

Anyway, the purpose of my attempt to use the port was to try and solve a lo=
ng-standing problem: I cannot find a way to connect libreoffice-base to mys=
ql. LO Base can connect to external DB server, if a proper driver is suppli=
ed. JDBC is a more appropriate driver than ODBC, but a driver LO can use on=
 FreeBSD does not seem to exist. The LO add-ons page has JDBC for L=C4=B0nu=
x, but that extension does not install on FreeBSD.

I was able to connect math/gnumeric for example through the use of Gnome's =
DB connection component databases/libgda5-mysql, but that does not seem to =
work for libreoffice. As another example, KDE's Kexi program is also able t=
o connect to the MySQL server. On the other hand, some solutions suggest in=
stalling "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connec=
tor/j/, but that does not make a whole lot of sense to me.

Regards.

--=20
FreeBSD_amd64_11-Current_RadeonKMS
Please CC my email when responding, mail from list is not delivered.