Date:      Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:01:15 +0200
From:      Stefan Bauer <duke@splatterworld.de>
To:        "francesco ( trini )" <trini4mail@yahoo.it>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I wanna buy a portable HD via USB

francesco ( trini ) schrieb:

> Hello , i want know if can i buy a portable HD to use with my Toshiba
> notebook with USB connection. There is a possibility that a HD work
> with USB connection on my Freebsd-5.4-prerelease ?
> Thanks

hi,

let me point you at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=umass&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD+5.3-RELEASE

(umass) is what u are looking for.

keep in mind that only devices known to work are listed in this section.
Owing to the generic nature of most USB devices, with some exceptions
any device of a given class will be supported, even if not explicitly
listed here.

--
Sincerely yours

Stefan Bauer
---
SplatterWorld - you have to know this, nothing else...
www.splatterworld.de - www.splatterworld.com - www.splatterworld.net
German IRCD splatterworld.de.quakenet.org Hosted by SplatterWorld