Date:      Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:06:31 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        freebsd@psam.se
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thoshiba Tecra 8000 with 3com 3CXFE575CT

: When I start it outside and then connect the card it will detect and
: configure it correctly.

OK.  This is a HUGE clue.  One that shouldn't be overlooked :-).  What
it is telling me is that FUNCTION interrupts aren't getting through,
but STATUS interrupts ARE getting through.  I'll have to go re-read my
two TOPIC data sheets to make sure, but I think that the TOPIC chips,
especially the older ones, have a number of knobs for function
interrupts that are not in the standard bridge chipset.

Please refresh my recollection: Did this used to work with 5.4?  IIRC,
I did some work to fix o2 micro hangs that disabled the function
interrupts during card insertion by routing them via IRQ 1 (which the
o2micro actually doesn't route, so they just disappear).  Maybe that
work around had bad effects for the TOPIC95B that you have?

Warner