Date:      Fri, 17 Feb 1995 09:43:29 +0100
From:      Andras Olah <olah@cs.utwente.nl>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: tcpdump 3.0?

On Thu, 16 Feb 1995 18:48:34 PST, "Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote:
> There's still a lot of problems in integrating his stuff - the last
> set of patches he sent me did not result in a compilable tcpdump, and
> so it's probably unreasonable to assume that tcpdump is going to get
> updated for 2.1.  I would therefore just apply your patches now and
> we can worry about 3.0 integration later..

I've grabbed the files from freefall:~mr/{libpcap,tcpdump}.tgz
yesterday and I managed to get them work on my 2.0-R box.  The
makefile for libpcap was bogus because the shared and profiled libs
got compiled with different flags than the static lib.  I've fixed
this although I'm not sure I did it in The Right Way(tm).  There was
no tcpslice in Michael's file and 2.2.1 version doesn't compile with
the 3.0 tcpdump, but that can also be fixed.

Now I've got patches for both 2.2.1 and 3.0 to make them understand
the T/TCP options.  Which one is needed?

Andras