Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2002 18:15:19 +0100 (IST)
From:      "John O'Regan" <j.oregan@cs.ucc.ie>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   line-by-line scrolling and window resizing are dog slow

Hello All,

  Well, the subject line says it all: after a recent XFree86 upgrade so I
could run the latest versions of various applications, window resizing
became painfully slow and line-by-line scrolling in xterms and Netscape now
proceeds at a glacial pace.  I think it's X but I'm not a techie and I don't
want to open up that can of worms so if any of you kernel-hacking gurus out
there have any advice or suggestions, I'd appreciate it,

yours sincerely,
John O'Regan.

PS: I tried searching the archive but it's temporarily out of service.