Date:      Mon, 24 Dec 2001 09:43:30 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Andrew McKay <andy@openirc.co.uk>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: typo in doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/x.html

--0-1169549597-1009187010=:2306

On Mon, 24 Dec 2001, Dan Langille wrote:

DL> Sorry I'm no submitting a patch, it's 3:30 am and I should be in bed...
DL>
DL> 9.3. Why doest my mouse not work with X?
DL>
DL> change doest to doesn't

9.3. Why doesn't my mouse not work with X?

This looks like a double negative to me.  Suggest s/doesn\'t/does/

It could be change to 'Why doesn't my mouse work with X?' but this
introduces a contraction, expansion of which creates ugly English.

'Why does not my mouse work with X?' - 'Because, my lord, it is the will
of the Queen herself that thine mouse worketh not.' :)

Patch attached

--
Andrew McKay <andy@openirc.co.uk>

--0-1169549597-1009187010=:2306

LS0tIGJvb2suc2dtbAlNb24gRGVjIDI0IDA5OjM1OjA2IDIwMDENCisrKyBi
b29rLm5ldwlNb24gRGVjIDI0IDA5OjM2OjAzIDIwMDENCkBAIC03ODIyLDcg
Kzc4MjIsNyBAQA0KIA0KICAgICAgIDxxYW5kYWVudHJ5Pg0KICAgICAgICAg
PHF1ZXN0aW9uIGlkPSJ4LWFuZC1tb3VzZWQiPg0KLSAgICAgICAgICA8cGFy
YT5XaHkgZG9lc3QgbXkgbW91c2Ugbm90IHdvcmsgd2l0aCBYPzwvcGFyYT4N
CisgICAgICAgICAgPHBhcmE+V2h5IGRvZXMgbXkgbW91c2Ugbm90IHdvcmsg
d2l0aCBYPzwvcGFyYT4NCiAgICAgICAgIDwvcXVlc3Rpb24+DQogDQogICAg
ICAgICA8YW5zd2VyPg0K
--0-1169549597-1009187010=:2306--