Date:      Wed, 03 Aug 2011 07:04:11 -0700
From:      perryh@pluto.rain.com
To:        bapt@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Deprecation: round3

Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 02:02:39 -0700, perryh@pluto.rain.com wrote:
> > What, exactly, is the significance of the list at
> >
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~ehaupt/distilator/ports@FreeBSD.org-bad.html
> > beyond that the ports listed there are unmaintained?
> >
> > "make fetch" succeeded for every one of the ~150 ports that
> > I tried from that list ...
>
> Each ports defines a list of mirrors where the distfile should
> hosted, and the infrastructure append some FreeBSD mirror for
> convenience.
>
> the list represent the number of problematic mirrors.
>
> It doen't mean the ports is not fetchable yet, it mean some of
> its mirrors do not share the distfile anymore.

Any thought of adding that explanation to ~ehaupt/distilator and/or
to ~ehaupt/distilator/ports@FreeBSD.org-bad.html (or making it more
prominent, if it is already there)?  All I could figure out was that
the list had something to do with unfetchable distfiles, thus my
confusion when "make fetch" succeeded.