Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 1996 16:05:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Coleman <chris@bb.cc.wa.us>
To:        Hal Snyder <hal@vailsys.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ipx to ip routing(translation)

On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, Hal Snyder wrote:

> > My question is: Does Freebsd support ipx to ip routing.  I know that BSDi
> > does. (And they want $6,000 for their system because of it.)

oops, I really meant ipx to ip TRANSLATION.  I want to only have one host
using a ip address and all the others using ipx (or somthing similar) to
talk to the internet.  Each computer would be mapped to by the MAC address
on the ethernet card. All communications with the internet would go
through FBSD host.

Do we have any plans for implementing it?

BSDI and the Novell have it.  There are a few commercial places that have
it also.  But Since we already use Freebsd, I was hoping a cool
solution.