Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 1997 00:48:53 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Peter Svaar <peter@svaar.no>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   inetd problem/2.2-STABLE

just recently I cvsup'ed my old 2.2-STABLE source tree to the most recent
version and did a 'make world'. well, now I get this strange problem with
inetd. if I try to contact any ports that require inetd to fork a daemon
(i.e. telnetd, ftpd, fingerd but not httpd) it says this:

peter@cray(~)$ telnet localhost
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.svaar.no.
Escape character is '^]'.
/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_login_getpwclass" called from inetd:inetd at 0x622c
Connection closed by foreign host.
peter@cray(~)$

quite strange. I have tried to remove the obj-files for inetd, libutil and
login, do a cvsup again and then make install in their respective
directories. this did not help.

can someone please help me out?

thanx,

--