Date:      Wed, 03 Jan 1996 00:30:46 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
Cc:        obrien@cs.ucdavis.edu (David E. O'Brien), freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hacker's list)
Subject:   Re: X for install

> We should do this.
>
> This is the only way we can hope to solve the bios-geometry problem
> for instance.

"I hereby christen the birth of the FreeDetect project!"

[ a complimentary airline bottle of Generic Burgundy wine is thrown against
  the tower case that houses freefall - *smash!* ]

"Now, who will manage this project?  Who shall be the Supreme Knight
Of the BIOS and Wielder of The Pointy Stick?  Only thus may it be a
true project with some chance of success and not another instance of
the 3-emails-and-death scenario with which the author is so familiar!"

[ looks around, sees contrails trailing behind the Usual Suspects, all of
  whom have just gone supersonic in their haste to get away ]

"Ahem.  Anybody else?  Perhaps someone who's been only *lurking* up to
this point?  Yeah, you there buddy!  I mean YOU! :-)"

						Jordan