Date:      Sun, 5 Mar 2000 16:37:04 +0100 (MET)
From:      Daniel Forsgren <forda@ite.mh.se>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   WaveLAN on RC2

Hi,

I'm trying to get a Lucent WaveLAN card to work on a Dell Latitude
CPxH450GT laptop running 4.0-Current RC2 (20000214). As the generic kernel
seem to include the wi driver from the start, I figured it would work if I
just copied pccard.conf.sample to pccard.conf (removing all unnecessary
entries), but it doesn't. When I boot the system I get:

wi0: No irq?!
pccardd[46]: driver allocation failed for Lucent Technologies
(WaveLAN/IEEE): Device not configured
pccardd[46]: pccardd started

Then, if i remove and re-insert the card I get:

wi0: No I/O space?!
pccardd[46]: driver allocation ....

I'm not sure wether this is a kernel config problem or a pccard.conf
problem, I've tried to change IRQ:s etc in pccard.conf, but to no
avail. Does anyone have an idea of what to try/change?

Thanks in advance,

/Daniel F.