Date:      02 Aug 1999 23:52:56 +0200
From:      Frank Nobis <fn@Radio-do.de>
To:        frank@tinker.exit.com
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ASUS P2B-DS versus SMP.

Frank Mayhar <frank@tinker.exit.com> writes:

> Well, I went out and bought another PII 400 for my box, flashed my BIOS to
> 1.009, installed the processor, and built 3.2-stable for SMP.  I experienced
> the same clock problems others have seen.  I took a suggestion I saw in
> -hackers and flashed back to 1.006.  Sure enough, the problems went away.

I have  the P2B-DS running here since a year now. I had BIOS
1.005, 1.007 and 1.008 now. Since then I am runnung
current. There has been a short period of the clock problem, but
that has gone month ago.

Both CPUs are PII400 from the same build.

Regards,
        Frank
--
 Frank Nobis                            Email: PGP AVAILABLE
 Landgrafenstr. 130                     dg3dcn   http://www.radio-do.de/~fn/