Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:22:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        lnb@cybertouch.org
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org, Scott Dodson <sdodson@beoclu-01.phy.gasou.edu>
Subject:   Re: xfmail and 4.1.1-STABLE

On 24-Oct-00 Lanny Baron wrote:
> Hi Scott,
> XChat works great for me. But when installing xfmail, just before make
> install, if you look at the screen, it shows you on a few lines errors from
> the
> make, including one that says "this is stupid". I will get the error and send
> it
> too you.

I tracked the problem down to the newer version of the xforms library in 4.1.
Removing the xforms package from 4.1, installing the older package from 4.0,
and then installing xfmail from ports gives me a fairly stable xfmail.
Unfortunately, there are still a few annoying bugs in xfmail's IMAP client
implementation.  One day I will have to sit down and just write my own IMAP
mail client. :)