Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 1999 12:25:08 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marius Bendiksen <mbendiks@eunet.no>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Joe Abley <jabley@clear.co.nz>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adding desktop support

> The fact that the user may not like the icon you've chosen to use due to
> many criteria, including size, # of colors, transparency, 2D/3D, etc...

That's where overrides, and such, come into it. Some users will not like
the defaults and want to change them, whereas other users don't want to
mess with it at all. I say, stick a tag in buildworld, and there are no
issues with this. Overrides would be the task of the window manager in
question.

- Marius -