Date:      Sun, 7 Sep 2014 08:09:48 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "G. Paul Ziemba" <pz-freebsd-ports@ziemba.us>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   whither linux-f10-expat and friends?

In the last few months, several linux-f10 application ports
have been marked forbidden due to security issues, for example,
textproc/linux-f10-expat. This blocks builds of, among other
things, www/opera-linuxplugins.

I appreciate the vigilance and attentiveness to security,
but I'm not sure where that leaves us users of the emulated
linux environment (maybe I missed an announcement - searches
via the big G didn't turn up anything).

Is anyone working on updating the recently-forbidden linux-f10-*
applications so they can be used again? Is there some alternate
method we should use instead of the linux-f10-* ports?

thanks,

 ~!paul
--
G. Paul Ziemba