Date:      Wed, 1 Apr 1998 21:23:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@video-collage.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: swap-leak in 2.2.5 ?

David Greenman once stated:

=   FreeBSD will slowly page infrequently used pages out in favor of
=file caching, and 8MB (or 32+8) is about what you'd expect to see in
=this case. Poul's problem seems to be different, however.

Oh, this reminds me of something I wanted to ask. Is there a way to
control this behavior? Can I specify a limit of the file cache, for
example (with sysctl)? Or that some process is precious, and its pages
should not be swaped for file cache (without coding madvise() into
it)?

Thanks!

	-mi