Date:      Sun, 23 Nov 2014 10:27:17 -0800
From:      Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>
To:        Dan Raymond <draymond@foxvalley.net>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: latest VM images fail to compile for ARM

<mailto:draymond@foxvalley.net>> wrote:
>>>=20
>>>  I am getting errors while building xdev.=20
>>=20
>> What errors?
>=20
> The first error was that it couldn't find 'gperf'.  When I ran it =
again it gave me a different error but I don't recall the details.  Let =
me know if you need a log and I will set up another VM to get it.

I suspect the culprit is:

   r272849 emaste: Build gperf only if we=92re using g++ (not clang++)

It seems that the xdev targets need to be updated to build gperf as a =
prerequisite for GCC.  You can work around this by manually building and =
installing gperf.

   $ cd /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gperf
   $ make && make install

As described in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3040801 =
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3040801>, trying to build GCC =
without gperf installed leaves some broken files behind, so you need to =
clean out the obj directory before trying again lest you encounter other =
problems:

   $ rm -rf /usr/obj/armv6-freebsd/

Cheers,

Tim