Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 2002 22:26:20 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@freebsd.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Disk reliability (was: Tagged Command Queuing or Larger Cache ?)

On 2002-10-30 10:59, Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:
> That's a more valid point.
>
> Note that WD and Seagate have dropped their warranty on IDE drives
> from 3 years to 1 year.  What does this say to you?

That I am a terribly lucky man to have bought my WD disk one year ago.
The warranty that came with it explicitly mentions 3 years :-)

I'll have to find another disk manufacturer in about 1.5 year or so,
but looking for the "currently best thing" is part of the plan anyway,
so no big worries until then.