Date:      Wed, 09 Feb 2000 09:29:31 -0500
From:      gkaplan <gkaplan@castle.net>
To:        Abercromby James SSgt 31CS/SCBBMA <James.Abercromby@aviano.af.mil>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "'freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Dual Booting Win98 and FreeBSD 2 sep. HDs-Continued

With regard to serial isp connection I have similar questions. With regard to
the boot process I have successfully gone through a process very similar to that
which you describe ; and the system is functioning . I don't remember the exact
details but; ...
1. To began with w95b and BootManager was installed
1.a w95 by default leaves the first track of a partition open, that is not apart
of the file system.
2. then installed fbsd3.3 from cd .
2.a you are asked what file system you want to create. There I selected ufs
compatible fs which also leave a one track offset in the slice you select  to
install into. This one trace offset allows for space that will be used by
booteasy.
3. There is an option to install booteasy during the sysistall process. There is
also a msdos program I believe it is in cd#1/tools/ that can be used to install
booteasy.
4. It may be that you have to consider the disk geometry.
5. You should compare my notes against the handbook and faqs for fbsd ; also
check the tutorial that you can find of the net beginning with
http://www.freebsd.org  where you will find better information then I have been
able to provide.