Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 2008 04:04:07 -0700
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Bruce M Simpson <bms@incunabulum.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: alpm(4) I/O range is claimed by ACPI

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 11:44:20AM +0100, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> How can I load the alpm(4) module for SMBus support on my ASUS Vintage
> AH-1 system?
>
> It appears the I/O range it uses is claimed by the acpi(4) driver. Can I
> override the mapping in some way i.e. tell ACPI not to claim the range?
> I don't see anything obvious about this in the acpi(4) man page.

Might mention this to jhb@ to see if it's related to the SMBus changes
made 1.5 years ago:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/pci/alpm.c

I found this thread, which despite being USB-centric, shows someone
trying to load alpm(4) on RELENG_6 and getting a map allocation error
back in 2003.  Not sure if this is of any help:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2003-April/000190.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2003-April/000192.html