Date:      Sat, 25 Dec 2004 12:31:12 -0800
From:      "Karl Agee" <kdagee@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   gnome-cd:  cant connect to cddb server--resolved

I had posted earlier that I couldnt pull down cd info from the cddb server
when playing music cd's.  I did a lot more googling and found that:

1)  gnome-cd uses a program called cddbslave2 to fetch info from the cddb
servers;

2) cddbslave2 uses ftp through port 888 to request this info.

so I poked a hole in my firewall for tcp on port 888 and it works.....

--Karl