Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 1999 12:53:11 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Greg Quinlan <greg@swlct.sthames.nhs.uk>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Accelerated X - Feedback?

> I am looking for some feedback from people using Accelerated-X.
>
> I have problems with configuring my ATI All-in-One Wonder Pro (Rage
> Pro) (+Creative Voodoo 2 12MB) and just want a good graphical user
> interface.

Accelerated-X will be easier to configure.  However, it is based on an
older version of XFree86 and does not have the XKB extentions (at least
the part that makes it easy to make the CapsLock key a Ctrl key).

The other thing is the Accelerated-X server crashes more often when an
X client goes bottoms up than XFree86's SVGA server does.

But Accelerated-X does have the speed adavantage, and for new cards,
supports them faster.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)