Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 1999 16:00:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Pierre MacKay <mackay@cs.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/10282: PCMCIA problems in 3.1-RELEASE?

The following reply was made to PR i386/10282; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Pierre MacKay <mackay@cs.washington.edu>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, groves@amug.org
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 16:56:31 -0800

 I just sent in a very similar problem, though I got the details a little
 garbled.
 The machine  is a CTX EZBook 700 series with a 133 MHz Pentium, 32 MB
 memory.
 My release of FreeBSD is 2.2.6
 The PCMCIA chip is 3c589EC.  I have tried with both the pccard driver
 and the
 dedicated driver.  The zp dedicated driver is at
 isa? port 0x300 net irq 10 iomem 0xd8000 ( the defaults. )
 dmesg shows that zp, slot 0 finds
 the 3Com card OK and prints out the 3Com banner from the card.
 Right after, comes the line
 zp0 at 300 not found.

 I even tried with both the pci general driver and the zp driver, but
 this generates
 a warning that the two are incompatible..  There are no conficts
 reported by UserConfig
 except the apparently unavoidable one where psmouse and syscons are both
 at 60

 Would migrate to release 3, but it seems from this bug-report that it
 doesn't help

             mackay@cs.washington.edu                Pierre A. MacKay
 Smail:  Department of Classics                  Emeritus Druid for
         Denny Hall, Mail Stop DH-10             Unix-flavored TeX
         University of Washington
         Seattle, WA 98195
         (206) 543-2268 (Message recorder)