Date:      Sun, 30 May 2010 00:16:14 +0200
From:      Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
To:        Kaya Saman <SamanKaya@netscape.net>
Cc:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Creating jails to run Squid and multiple Bind services - Newbee

Kaya Saman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> am attempting to create a set of Jails for the first time!!
>
> I have read some documentation:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/portbuild/new-node.html
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/jails-build.html
>
> http://www.section6.net/wiki/index.php/Creating_a_FreeBSD_Jail
>
> and finally for configuring Squid in FreeBSD:
>
> http://www.freebsddiary.org/squid.php (just as I currently run this on
> Solaris 9)

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/jails-application.html

Did you tried sysutils/ezjail? I am not using it, but if you are not too
experienced jail user, you can find it useful.

Note from webpage: "This setup requires advanced experience with FreeBSD
and usage of its features. If the presented steps below look too
complicated, it is advised to take a look at a simpler system such as
sysutils/ezjail, which provides an easier method of administering
FreeBSD jails and is not as sophisticated as this setup."

> So far what I've done is this:
>
> cd /usr/src
> make buildworld

Do you have all needed sources in /usr/src? Did you install them from
CD-ROM or by csup?

> I straight away then get an error saying:
>
> /usr/src/usr.bin/make
>
> ***error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/src
>
> ***error code 1
>
> Basically what I want to do is something very similar to how I use
> Solaris Zones; create a directory structure which will run 1 specific
> service only on a specific IP address....
>
> I am not certain if I can run 2 instances of Bind in two different Jails
> but would be cool if I could.

Yes, you can run as many jails with "any" services as you can (if you
have enough IP addresses)

[...]

Miroslav Lachman