Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:02:53 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Justin Stanford <jus@security.za.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Audio with applications using linux compat..

Hi folks,

After doing an extensive search through the mailing list archives seems as
though this problem has cropped up several times before, but I simply
cannot find an answer..

I'm using 4.0-STABLE, and my native audio works fine - but apps that use
the linux compat emulator such as qIII cannot seem to get functioning
audio - in this particular case qIII reports system audio is muted. I've
tried making a few symlinks in /compat/linux/dev to /dev/, such as dsp,
mixer, sndstat - but no luck.

Has anyone ever figured out how to get audio working with the linuxulator?

Regards,
jus

--
Justin Stanford