Date:      Fri, 1 Aug 2008 16:17:22 +0200
From:      Michel Talon <talon@lpthe.jussieu.fr>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firefox 3 causing xorg to suck up all available CPU

Alex Dupre wrote:

> gamin is completely broken and can enters infinite loops. Switch to
> fam.

I would say exactly the opposite. I had enormous problems when KDE was
using fam, particularly with NFS mounted home. In fact fam sucked all
NFS server bandwith. This problem was completely solved by the switch to
gamin. For me gamin works perfectly OK.

By the way i have seen Firefox3 sucking all the X processing power (to
the point the display was almost completely frozen), return to the
normal being obtained when killing firefox. I have seen that only on
some specific web pages, but it was completely reproducible on these web
pages.

--

Michel TALON