Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 1996 16:52:27 +0000
From:      kenny@essutton.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cdrom please help!

Hello there,

I've asked this question over the newsgroups quite a few times, but
have yet to get a real answer. Is there anyone out there who is
currently working on CDROM problems?

I haven't been able to install from the cdrom. I had to make up a
load of floppies and install the basic system that way. Would you
have any idea how I would go about configuring the cdrom after I've
installed the system?

I have a NEC 2x cdrom (CDR-260) it's an IDE of course. The funny this

is that I can't figure out how to get it setup under boot: -c
verbose. The computer finds a secondary IDE controller at wdc1
and port 260 irq 15. As far as I know this actually is the cdrom!
Ever if I remove it I can not get the cdrom to be recognized at that
adress and I'm sure that irq 15 & port 260 are correct. Can you
suggest anything?

Kenny