Date:      Fri, 7 Aug 1998 15:32:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      ian@majesticnet.com
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: patch file question

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Chuck Robey wrote:

> The patches are always applied relative to WRKSRC, which is by default
> WRKDIR/DISTNAME.  You can, of course, play with this, like I did myself
> with lang/moscow_ml, if you'd like to see an example.  In that case, the
> Makefile that needed to get executed wasn't in the main subdirectory,
> but instead hidden in a "src" subdirectory.  The build target cd's to
> the WRKSRC directory to execute the 'make ALL_TARGET', so I changed the
> WRKSRC to add the /src component, and that meant that my patches had to
> be relative to the src subdirectory, instead of the normal "mosml"
> directory that the tar file unpacked into.

That is what I thought.  I just wanted to be sure before I adjust some of
the patchfiles and send off some diffs to the maintainer of the ldap port.
As they stand right now, there is one very large patch file that is
relative to WRKDIR and 11 patches relative to WRKDIR/DISTNAME.  If I get a
chance this weekend, I hope to modify the weird (relative to WRKDIR) patch
to be the same as the others.

Thanks for the clarification on this,  (Satoshi too)

Ian