Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2001 23:30:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      xiyuan qian <xiyuan@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   ADSL ISDN ppp how to & IP counting

Hi, Can someone there do me a favour to tell me
whether freebsd supporting ADSL or ISDN ppp connecting
to an ISP? If can , how to ? Just like the
configuration of tel. line?

If I can dial my freebsd box to my ISP, all I want to
do is make this box act like a gateway to let all my
local net going out. I know I can carry this out with
ipfilter. But I need to control the inner hosts like
the following situation: some can do everthing like
visiting web sites, sending email, ftping files etc,
some only can sending email. How to control with
ipfilter? Can the ipfilter log all the outgoing's
begin and end time?

Best regaurds!

--xiyuan