From:      Chris <97Efcw@alumni.ee.ust.hk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   [Fwd: Found! Re: natd: failed to write packet back]

Hi all,

Thanks for the clues.  Sorry that I forgot to check the archive first.
After running natd in verbose, I found that my box was trying to connect
to 192.168.128.3, which was denied by ipfw.  Further investigating found
that that ip was given by my ISP during dhcp ("option
dhcp-server-identifier 192.168.128.3").  Seems it is time to complain my
ISP.

By the mean time, it is advisable for me to add a ipfw rule before
DIVERT to discard those traffic earlier and to avoid the message?
BTW, why can't these information logged in the natd log file?

Thanks for help.

Chris