Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 2002 00:01:18 +0200
From:      "Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg" <listsub@401.cx>
To:        peter.lai@uconn.edu
Cc:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Administrivia: Discussion - Making this list subscriber-only

Peter C. Lai wrote:

*snip*

> There is a "charter" but all it says is:
> "FREEBSD-SECURITY
> 	Security issues
>
> 	FreeBSD computer security issues (DES, Kerberos, known security
> 	holes and fixes, etc). This is a technical mailing list for which
> 	strictly technical content is expected."

English is not my native language, so I could be misstaken, but
the way I read it is that this is a list for technical
discussions, _not_ questions.
I guess "FreeBSD computer security issues", with a little good
will, could mean that it is ok to ask questions, but I would have
to really want it to mean that before I would come to such a
conclusion.
If I had never subscribed to -security and someone asked me what
I though the list was about just by reading the charter, the last
thing I would say would be "a place where you can get help".