Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:31:21 -0600
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do I debug the logout session?

------------Lz3bZyepUvVUx1X6lYCEHb

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:51:48 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke
<marcus@marcuscom.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 14:45, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> I have everything up to date, it's Gnome 2.5.2 and it can't logout. I am
>> wondering how can I debug that kind of bug?
>
> gnome-session is responsible for logging in and out.  You might want to
> attach gdb to that from a vty and see what happens.  Also, check the
> ~/.xsession-errors and console for anything useful.

There's no ~/.xsession-errors and I don't understand or know what you mean
by vty? Attaching the errors.txt is what I get from kill X by manual, but
I don't think it will help that much. I tried to add that '--sync' in the
.xinitrc like 'exec gnome-session --sync' and no luck.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.
------------Lz3bZyepUvVUx1X6lYCEHb

(nautilus:883): libgnomevfs-WARNING **: module '/usr/X11R6/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/mod
ules/libmapping.so' returned a NULL handle

(gnome-session:847): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: g_object_set_valist: construct pro
perty "type" for object `GtkDialog' can't be set after construction

Gdk-ERROR **: The program 'gnome-session' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
  (Details: serial 720 error_code 8 request_code 42 minor_code 0)
aborting...
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
Window manager warning: Lost connection to the display ':0.0';
most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed
the window manager.
The application 'gnome-panel' lost its connection to the display :0.0;
most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed
the application.
The application 'nautilus' lost its connection to the display :0.0;
most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed
the application.
The application 'gnome_segv' lost its connection to the display :0.0;
most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed
the application.
xinit:  connection to X server lost.

waiting for X server to shut down

------------Lz3bZyepUvVUx1X6lYCEHb--