Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 2013 08:38:08 -0500
From:      "Dean E. Weimer" <dweimer@dweimer.net>
To:        OpenSlate ChalkDust <openslateproj@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Dell Latitude E6520 Xorg Problems

Nope, but perhaps I found some information, that has me in going in the righ=
t direction, this has an integrated intel video card with the core i7, in pr=
ocess of rebuilding world and kernel with Kim's and xorg_new set in make.con=
f.

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 18, 2013, at 8:12 AM, OpenSlate ChalkDust <openslateproj@gmail.com> w=
rote:

> Does it work with the lid open and no additional monitor attached?
>=20
>=20
> On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 1:43 AM, dweimer <dweimer@dweimer.net> wrote:
>> Is anyone out there running FreeBSD on a Dell Latitude E6520?
>>=20
>> I am struggling to Xorg to start, doing the Xorg -configure I get "number=
 of created screens does not match number of detected devices" I have tried w=
ith an external monitor attached and laptop closed, with external monitor at=
tached and laptop open, and with no external monitor.  All same results, I d=
id remember to disable the Optimus feature in the bios, even tried enabling i=
t, no change.