Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:25:54 +0000
From:      "Alphons \"Fonz\" van Werven" <a.j.werven@student.utwente.nl>
To:        D G Teed <donald.teed@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: suggested size of /var/mail

D G Teed wrote:

> What sort of server is it - MX, apache, database server,

Actually, it IS in the OP...

OP has (or wants to have) a mail server and asks for suggestions regarding
the mail spool size. Simple as that. Apache has nothing to do with it.
Whether or not to have a seperate /usr/local has nothing to do with it.
The size of /usr has... ah well, we get the picture, don't we?

As for the answer, this depends on whether or not mail quota are enforced,
how many users there are and how large you expect the average and biggest
mailboxes to be (or allow to be).

Alphons

--
VISTA - Viruses Intruders Spyware Trojans Adware