Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 1998 18:42:21 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Purify/Insure++

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, Julian Elischer wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> >
> > Anyone know of something similar to the above that works under FreeBSD?
> > Or, hell, even under the Linux emulation? :(
>
> send them email
> asking for a FreeBSD port..
> they should eventually get enough requests..

	I just had a discussion with one of their guys...his "solution" was to
get a copy for Solaris and run it on one of my systems at work...my response
to that was that I wasn't prepared to spend a fortune for software that doesn't
run on *my* operating system where I do all my development work on...

	That was Insure++...like, come on, is it really that tough if software is
developed well, to port it from one Unix to another?

	I'm going to look at Purify next...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org