Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 2003 23:33:03 -0800
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>
To:        jeremie le-hen <le-hen_j@epita.fr>
Cc:        ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Implementing ranges in ipfw2

i would just implement the iplen check, there is another option which
deals with fragment and can be used in conjunction with this one
if needed.

Also a different handling of fragments (when talking of size)
makes little sense because one could always force a small MTU
to generate short packets. The reason people are generally
concerned with fragments is that the protocol-specific information
(port numbers etc) are not available in fragments past the first
one, but the length information is in the IP header anyways.

	cheers
	luigi